Kai W Rta

Verified Reviewer

Is there even anything worse?

Touch Of Modern - Is there even anything worse?
Original review Apr 18, 2024

This company, Touch of Modern, is the absolute worst company in the world! They are a middleman company, in other words you place orders with them and then they ship you things from other companies.

They are absolutely awful at this. They constantly dropped the ball on many orders and they are always very late. I have been waiting for an order that I placed over three months ago.

And the company continually gives me a bunch of lies about why they cant fulfill this order and that they have no idea when they can ship. They constantly asked me to get a refund and I declined and they still have not fulfilled the order.

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros at all
Cons:
  • Really suck at everything

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do not waste your time and money with this absolutely awful company.

Lee R Mvc
map-marker San Francisco, California

You have to provide your e-mail, before viewing their web site - DUMB !!!

After personally working in National and International Marketing for over 40 years, I am amazed how a company ( Touch of Modern ) can spend millions of dollars on National TV commercials to bring potential customers to their web site, and then immediately provide a barrier on their initial Home Page to disrupt the User's interactive experience. I liked the Television commercial and wanted to see a product shooting a fireball from someone's wrist.

Instead of building on my excitement, I am immediately given an assignment ( providing an e-mail or Facebook account ) to earn the privilege of continuing past their gray, black and white photograph of an empty office cafeteria table. The decision to present the company as some, high-end, exclusive club before I can actually view products is just stupid, arrogant, and insulting. As a potential customer, I want to find out about the company, before I reveal personal information about myself. The last thing I want as a consumer is to provide contact information to a web site I know nothing about.

Touch of Modern's sign-in requirement screams, we want to send you future e-mails about how great our offers are. That projects SPAM and a reluctance on some User's part to participate.

I am one of those potential User's who chose not to play Touch of Modern's phony, high-end club, membership game. When I go to: www.mercedes-benz.com, I do not have to provide information to view their high-end, quality products.

Reason of review:
Bad web site Home Page. Stupid Marketing Philosophy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Amen!

Guest

Brave browser cannot block the sign in widget, U Block Origin will not block it either. I guess I can exist without visiting their crap web site.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1985659

2021 , and some still think consumers are dumb , they don’t get my money

Guest

Today is June 11, 2020. TOM still requires the POTENTIAL client to disclose contact information to enter their site.

I also saw a commercial on television that offered innovative products though an online shopping experience. The company's decision to require POTENTIAL clients disclose email/FB accounts makes me believe they spend all the advertising money in order to collect active account information rather than to market innovative products. I did not enter their wed-space bc they only get one chance to make a first-impression. My first impression is that they are at best deceptive.

There are plenty of honest business people marketing valuable products that we should be supporting. Shunning businesses with intrusive marketing practices gives us a strong voice in how MODERN products will be marketed. IDK if this company has products with a touch of Modern bc their antiquated marketing gives the appearance of deception. - funny, as I complete this post I see I have to provide an email.

The difference is; I was able to enter, explore, read, and reply b4 I was asked to provide my contact info. Also, there is a logical need for it if I was to see future comments.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1876383

I STRONGLY WONDER IF TOUCH OF MODERN IS ANOTHER COMMINST CHINESE SITE!

Aleigh Dhy

obviously they have no inventory. Shipments from China are running behind schedule

Guest

sounds like a scam to find lists of gullible people who like gimmicky products. Such a list would be people easiest to influence politically.

Agree!

Guest

I too chose not to join the elite by providing my e-mail address. I won't be buying anything from Touch of Modern.

Can't agree with you on M-B though. Worst purchase I have ever made.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1865396

I agree with you on not agreeing with me about M-B. I drive a 2008 JEEP Commander.

I was just using M-B's website as an example of a company not preventing potential customers from having access to their product information. Lee.

View more comments (70)
Resolved
John K Hqv

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: UPS "LOST" my package. No response or resolve from TOM customer support

Touch Of Modern - UPS LOST my package. No response or resolve from TOM customer support
Updated by user Feb 05, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I kept on sending messages to the customer support team till someone actually responded and assist with the refund.

Original review Jan 05, 2024
My UPS Tracking number showed that my purchase was delivered on Thursday, December 21st, but I did not receive any deliveries that day from UPS. I opened a claim with UPS stating that I work from home and no driver came to my door at the timestamp of delivery.

I checked my doorbell camera and other cameras around my house that show the street and did not have any notifications of anyone coming to my door dropping off a package. The cameras never showed a UPS truck drive down my street. Nevertheless, UPS took almost 2 weeks to investigate, and I received an update that they were unable to locate the package or lost the package and that I need to contact the company I purchased from. I contact TOM and get a robot response from an Andrew T.

providing me with my order number and tracking number as if I don't that that info already. I sent several follow-up messages asking how do proceed from here on getting another item shipped or a refund. No response after several days of reaching out to "Andrew T." I open another ticket with TOM and get the same robotic response. No one is actually reading the claims.

Doubt there's an actual customer service team since there's no phone number to reach them. Very upsetting as a Christmas gift was gone let alone the money I spent on it.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Great products variety of unique items
Cons:
  • Customer service is non existent

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: I've had successful orders in the past but never had to deal with their "customer service". Better hope nothing goes wrong with your order otherwise bye bye money!

Robert K Acl

| map-marker Lovington, New Mexico

Faulty flashlight

Touch Of Modern - Faulty flashlight
I purchased a torch light sku is inmomplfur order number is o499291**** got the flashlight and charged it for nearly two days and it still doesnt work would like a replacement or refund

User's recommendation: Not to buy

| map-marker Olympia, Washington

Customer Service

Touch Of Modern - Customer Service
Ordered an item on January 1, 2024 and received a shipping date of February 5. It is now Feb. 10 and no notification of shipping. The "hello@***.com" email doesn't work. Had two emails returned as "undeliverable." Called their 888 number and it's a recording telling you to email them at the aforementioned email address which doesn't work. Their customer service is terrible.

User's recommendation: Do not order from this company

| map-marker Montgomery, Alabama

I have not received my order

Touch Of Modern - I have not received my order
Touch Of Modern - I have not received my order - Image 2
I ordered a moon clock from touch of Modern and have not received this year. It been month and month my ordered number is #0272225****

User's recommendation: My recommendation to future customer. I will tell them that it is bad business to take hard working people money

Linda P Brk

Looking for my package

There is no customer service! I emailed 3 times, tried calling a handful of times, but no answer. This company is a scam. Don't use it .
Loss:
Pros:
  • Nice website
Cons:
  • Scammed

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't!!! Unless you're okay with disappointment.

Adam M Fsh

No product received

Touch Of Modern - No product received
Touch Of Modern - No product received - Image 2
Fake tracking. No product received by shipper. No response and no way to call them. They are a horrible company and a bunch of idiots , their responses are them sending me the same tracking number that shows item waiting for item to be shipped. They dont bother to actually look at tracking themselves.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Everything is bad about this company

User's recommendation: DONT ORDER!!! LIARS AND THIEVES

map-marker Baltimore, Maryland

No idea where my order is

One response asking me for my phone number, nothing else. I said please give me order status or I will cancel order
AJ Q Bpc

Merchandise Conditon, Customer Service, Shipping

Updated by user Sep 01, 2023

No More! The TOM CS is BS!Touch of Modern has no regard for the customer once the order is placed.

Original review Aug 28, 2023
Piece arrived severely damaged, which was evident before opening the box. Still awaiting customer service response & resolution from 7/11/23 which is the day I received the item.
The packaging was inappropriate for a nearly 80 lb item, and it contained very little internal packing to secure the furniture and was missing hardware, presumably due to the gaping holes in the container.

I reached out with photos within an hour and thus far have had 1 update, that someone would get back to me.

Still waiting, resolution yet my credit card was charged nearly 830 as far back as June 18th. It's now Aug 28th.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Different types of products
Cons:
  • Retirn policies
  • Lack of customer care
  • Shipping cost

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do Not Order from TOM. Customer service is nonexistent. Shipping French takes weeks or months albeit you are charged immediately.

Linda P Brk

Looking for my package

Ordered item. Charged for item. Sent multiple emails for a tracking number, last date to be delivered was 2/18/24. Nothing has arrived NOR have I recieved a response to any of my 3 emails, finally requesting a refund since the process felt like a scam. No information, call or email. Next stop is my bank & disputing the charge.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Cool merchandise
Cons:
  • Scammed
  • There is no customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't buy from this site.

Adrielle Vom

| map-marker Vallejo, California

Where's my order ?

Touch Of Modern - Where's my order ?
Touch Of Modern - Where's my order ? - Image 2
Theyre not shipping my order, and not responding my email, I contact them and time but they didnt answer
Gary B Abg
map-marker Nashville, Tennessee

Never received product ,

I urge everyone who has paid for an item and not received to contact your states attorney generals office to file fraud charges against this company nationwide , they are committing crimes of interstate fraud , we need to bring the executives of this company to justice and charge them with fraud , they are stealing money from consumers ,and contact your state elected officials and state officials , including calling the FBI and filing complaints with local police departments for fraud , stand together and we will bring the executives and the company down to face criminal charges of fraud and interstate fraud

User's recommendation: Don’t buy from this company

E-commerce Talks

Art for Your Home Not Museums

Mar 7, 2022

David Afremov
David Afremov

Lawrence Y Hxs

Verified Reviewer

I have been unable to reach the company, and to exchange a jacket for a larger size.

I received a large gray puffer jacket and it is too small. This company does not make it easy to contact them. Im not asking for my money back. Im not asking for a credit. Im simply asking for an exchange to an extra large in gray.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Impossible to reach customer service

Preferred solution: An exchange of a gray puffer jacket in large to an extra large gray puffer jacket

User's recommendation: Be sure of everything you buy, because getting a refund or making an exchange is next to impossible.

Lawrence Y Hxs

| map-marker Chattanooga, Tennessee

To exchange a puffer jacket for a larger size

I tried to call their customer service number and was immediately referred to another company, supposedly helping with electronics for the tune of $46. After I settled that fiasco, I will try again to reach them. I doubt seriously Ill ever purchase from this company again.

User's recommendation: Avoid this company. This exchange problem has been nothing but that, a problem.

Calab Bqa
map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Touch of Modren claims my order ships 1-2 wks, but From Nov 14, 2023 to Jan 21, 2024 I still do not receive my order.

Touch of Modern is the worst online merchant I have ever dealt with. None of their phone numbers I got online work.

It seems they make sure you never speak to a human. I have tried every way to contact them. It also seems a human does not respond to any emails either. Its very generic and possibly auto respond.

Please do not waste your precious time in dealing with this place, trust me, you will regret it. You will get nowhere fast. It's like they really don't give a crap about you and their business, but they can sure take your money pretty fast.

Nothing else to do about this but to cancel your order. This place sucks !!!

User's recommendation: WARNING !!! This is my experience with this company, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ordering/buying stuff from this place. I've had nothing but a very bad experience.Trust me you will regret.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article